What documents to provide ?
The rental market in Paris is difficult. The demand is strong and the lodging supply is low. It is not unusual to have a queue on the sidewalk to visit an apartment.
In order to have the best chance to have your application accepted by an owner, it is useful to prepare your documents in advance.
In France, the tenant has a lot of rights. For example, it is very difficult for an owner to evict a tenant who does not pay his rent. Consequently, a candidate for a rental must prove his seriousness and solvency to be approved.
Below is the list of documents that must be provided in a rental application file :
– A photocopy of your identity card or passport
– Last three payroll slips if you are an employee or balance sheets for the last two years if you are an independent worker
– Proof of domicile (example: electricity bill / lodging tax)
The list of documents that are optional, but it is strongly recommended to provide them :
– Student’s card
– The last tax assessment note
– Employer’s attestation
– RIB (statement of banking identity)
– Rent receipts from the previous rental
French Touch recommends sending a motivation letter with your application.