You will be fully integrated into London and immersed into the English lifestyle the day you admit, with a smile on your lips, to adhering to all these English traditions!
- Eat cheese after dessert when invited by chic English people and enjoy this sweet and savoury combination…
- Look forward to the 4th season of Downtown Abbey… Quintessential England as we like it!
- Treat yourself to Tea Time, a real mini dinner served at 5 pm.
- Enjoy your Americano: An expresso diluted with hot water that will make you forget your desperately French espresso
- Spend your weekends in B&Bs (Bed and Breakfast) in the beautiful English countryside, looking forward to the Full English breakfast experience
- Listen with delight to your son claiming his favourite dish for Christmas Eve is baked beans… sign of a successful family integration!
- Eat organic fruit and vegetables delivered to your home in a pretty little basket by Abel and Co.
- Watch your children put on their uniform every morning to go to school
- Drink fresh milk left on your doorstep by the milkman
- Wear light and colourful clothes, whatever the season
- Give birth without an epidural and… do it all again!
- Survive a Christmas party, all dressed in sparkling party clothes
- Have a pair of colourful Wellington boots in which you spend half of your winter weeks
- And become a little royalist by enjoying your tea in a mug bearing the image of the Queen!
Warning! The French Touch consultants’ passion for London is contagious!
You can also consult the other sections in “Living in London”:
The guide for French expats in London | Interviews: my life in London| Best districts in London | Settling in London : The Guide | For more articles on “Living in London” see our blog