Wimbledon is known worldwide for its famous tennis tournament happening every year in June.
The lawn tennis courts and the upscale audience attending the tournament give a beautiful and rather realistic picture of this neighbourhood: green, smart and pleasant.
Located to the southwest of London, adjacent to Richmond Park, Wimbledon has an excellent public transport network. With the District line, you are less than 40 minutes away from Hyde Park. A train also connects to Waterloo Station in 17 minutes.
In Wimbledon, there are three areas that are like mini-villages:
* The “family” area of Southfield, further north.
* The “posh” area of “Wimbledon Village”, further south: one of the most exclusive areas of London with many designers’ shops and lovely pubs. You benefit from the proximity of the “Common“, vast park with trees, green fields and lakes.
* The centre of Wimbledon: with its Shopping Mall and many restaurants. It is a vibrant place.
On the roads bordering the parks, you can choose to live in a “Mansion”, a large house completely separated from the other houses with a large garden.
On the streets of Southfield and Wimbledon Central, Victorian homes remind us of many other London neighbourhoods: these little doll houses with a small patio, ideal to have lunch in the sun!
Live in Wimbledon and become a “countryside” gentleman while being 30 minutes from the City!
Wimbledon – Our best advices and French Touch addresses:
- Learn everything about tennis and especially the Wimbledon tournament by visiting the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum.
- Have a great time with friends attending a greyhound race at the Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium: change of scenery and excitement guaranteed!
- Improve your golf skills in one of the many golf clubs around: the Royal Wimbledon Golf Club / London Scottish Golf Club / Richmond Park Golf Course / Coombe Hill Golf Club.
- Visit the Wimbledon Windmill Museum: original and captivating for children.
- Enjoy your Sunday in the Cannizaro Park: a beautiful park with an Italian garden owned in the past by the Duke of Cannizaro.
- Have a drink at the Dog & Fox pub in the centre of Wimbledon Village.
- Visit and meditate in the Buddhapadipa Temple, a Thai Buddhist temple. The visit organized by monks is fascinating.
- Register your children at the Wimbledon Village Stables horse-riding centre, for beautiful rides in breathtaking surrounding green areas.
- Visit the house of an aristocratic family: South Side House and its beautiful gardens have remained intact over the centuries.